Friday, September 3, 2010

intro

My name is Scotty Hanway. I graduated from mid Buchanan high school. I plan to get my degree in convergent media. I played baseball for my freshman and sophomore year in high school, but I got in a car accident and was taken off the team. Then, I played football for my junior and senior year, I just wanted something to do. I enjoy music, its my passion. I will use my degree to become a radio dj and start a talk show. I hope to one day own my own record company to help new bands get started. I enjoy concerts and hanging with friends. I work at interstate McDonalds, I've been there for about 2 years and I hate it, but it's a job.


I do enjoy writing music, but only when I feel like it. Writing is not my favorite class but I do enjoy writing about peoples opinions and how I see society and how society works, I don't know why but I love it. Reading isn't my strongest class but sometimes I do enjoy it. Especially when Im really bored.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Scotty,

    Thank you for sharing. What sort of music do you enjoy? What do you like to write about?

    I'm currently taking a graduate course focused on Convergent Media. It is a growing industry and I believe it is wise to focus on this than traditional print journalism.

    Why have you not enjoyed reading and writing in the past?

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pretty much all music, but country lol. I don't mind it but I would turn the station if it's playing. I'm really into hardcore, techno, acustic, and alternative music. Hum, I tend to write about everything really, emotions tend to make it go everywhere.
    Agreed, theres sooo many others going out to be a journalis, and its cut throat. You have to have so many articules done by whatever date. By taking my degree to music, I get to listen to music, talk about it, and even meet some of my favorite bands in person.
    In the past, I've always been forced to read or write. I've had one teacher who would just let us write about anything for her assegments and I really enjoyed it. I didn't have to think too hard about it and I just got to be myself (first time I passed with all A's for english).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scotty,

    I hope this is a good experience for you :) I encourage everyone to keep a journal, especially if you have a lot to say. I can tell from your draft that you do.

    Do you enjoy reading and writing on the side?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete